Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wedding Vendors: Puan Shazuwani's Wedding

I can't came up with the list of wedding planners in Sabah, but I think I should share this experience with all bride2be out there ... At least you can have something as a guide, since I understand how limited the resources are in kk ...

So lemme tell you a bit of myself, my history wif kk ... My parents live there for more than 10years, & I have a wonderful memories growing up in my teen ages ... Because I have wonderful individuals around me ...

My best friend is getting married in September, a friend just got married last May ... My brother's getting engage to my schoolmate in December, & my mum always dream of hosting a wedding by the beach in Melingsung ... :D

So, I'm writing about weddings in kk because most of the people I cared about is living their life there ... Well for me, I'm well adjusted here ... In kl, I was born here ... Of course I always have a piece of my heart buried somewhere in this hectic piece of land ...

I've been google'ing on wedding prep quite extreme since last year, so the only service that caught my eye was Suri Malai Ali ... I dunno about the price, since no one closed to me ever hired them ... But I bet they provide a good service judging from the pictures of their work ...



Ok, now lets do post mortem about the wedding ...

Dais, Hall Decoration & Walkway: Nishah D'Peterana Wedding Couture

They're gorgeous !!! & the team work efficiently ... I mean they're well organized, everybody's is doing their job instead of wondering around ... Everything was there, so they don't give any excuse t'tinggal this or that during the prep ...

& they provide the bride's & groom's attire ... The dais, walkway ... Flower stands, all blends perfectly ...



Food & Service:

This is what I hate the most, I think kakak wedding planner ni full of excuses ... 1st I met her, during prep for solemnization ... She's doing the bride's make up, she only managed to get the bride done 10mins before 9am ... & the solemnization was at 9am ... Thank God the mosque is just 10mins away, so we don't create any scene ...

& what's more ?? She can't even fixed the tudung & selendang ... The bride have to fix it by herself, ok ??

So the the wedding planner's drama went out full swing 12hrs before the reception ... We arrived at the hall at 9pm that night, to find out that they don't have enough tables ?? Seriously ?? She came up wif the reason that the hall organizer have transported it to Keningau for other event ... & there's only 10 round tables available, beside a few 2feet oblong for the buffet line ...

She just chuck everything in the hall, & left it to find more tables ... So the floor plan was not finalized, while the dais team already lay the red carpet ... She only showed up around 10pm, & the tables issue was solved by the bride's family actually ...

& yet, another drama ... The emcee bailed out ... & again, the family solved it again by calling one of their friend to do the job ... In less than 12hrs hah ?? How crazy is that ?? So, that night ... Instead of having beauty sleeps, everybody have to put extra effort to draft the script structure ... While it's actually not our job, since the service paid should include the emcee ... & not a friend of the family ...

Then come the team for set up, they didn't really arranged the tables properly ... But they proceed to put on the chair cover ... We can't really wait to make sure the hall is done, since there's a lot of other things undone ... The bride went to pick up cakes, & then we met at the hotel to help out the emcee wif the event flow ...

Enough about the dramatic night, as I arrived at the hall at 10am in the morning ... The hall look put together, but not perfect to the details actually ... The food was served on plates instead of a proper dome set at the VIP tables, & again ... The wedding planner gave this excuse - her team got into an accident last night as they left late at 4am in the morning ...

The worst part is, the bride & family is serving themselves on meja beradap ... I think that reflects everything about the wedding planner, when you have to senduk nasi sendiri on the VVIP table ... Come on, set some standard for your service ... & this is just bad ...

I don't want to publish her name, kesian la kan ... Nanti susah pulak die nak business ... But her boutique is somewhere in Api-Api Centre ...

Wedding Cake: Cupcake Calendar

It's beautiful, but when I tasted it ... It made me feel like moving back to kk & start a cupcake business ... Sorry, but the taste is just not working for me ... I'm sure they can improve the recipe in future, or maybe I shud drop by sometime ... Have a taste of the other option in the shop ... Maybe the one I tasted was those in the wrong batch ... :D


Make-ups: 'the Wedding Planner' & JeffiJeff

Don't have much to share, since I'm not really involved ... But as mention, she used kakak Wedding Planner for solemnization ... Which I already reviewed ... & Make-up artist for reception only ...

Reason - lepas nikah ade upacare pembatalan air smayang ... Kalau MUA you laki, memang xde la air smayang yg nak dibatal2 kan oleh En. Husband ... Ok ??

Make-up for the reception - meletop !!! The hair is beautiful, & the bride is beautiful ... Of course la everything's beautiful ... Heheh ...



The Bride & Groom:

Coolest I ever met ... Can't imagine myself in her place, somehow she stays calm ... Well, that what I see in this couple ... They stay calm & everything just went beautifully for them ... Congrats darl, cepat2 buat babies yahhh ...


Suke this pix sebab can see the best man & MOH skali ... Hahah ...

My only problem with all the service in kk is the payment method ... From what I understand, they pay full amount upon hiring ... It's quite risky actually, try to ask for 50% upon hiring & full payment before the event ... In that way, you'll have more power in controlling your vendors ...

Of course money is not everything, but money can change things darlings ... Good luck in wedding planning ladies !!!

No comments:

Search This Blog