Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Cupcake Business

I've been thinking a lot, about taking my cupcakes baking to the next level ... Been calculating the cost to run, & machinery needed to expand it into business lately ... Since I'm high maintenance, so my cupcakes pun agak high cost with expensive ingredient & quality equipment ...
It would mean a lot if I got a loan granted, but from my calculation - 10k is not enough to start the business plan I got in my mind ... The oven will simply cost around 3k, & a good mixer surely cost around that as well ... With the demand I got so far, I can't get back all the investment in 6months ... It probably took a couple years for me to do so, & I need to put all my effort in promotion ... Which I can't since I still have my job ...
So, taking things one step back ... I'm not ready to jump in with my both legs ... & as my normal off day routine 'bermalas2an on my cheap sofa' ended for today, I came up with this brilliant idea - sponsor my close friends'/cousins' wedding cake ...
It's such a waste, that I've been attending a lot of weddings since last year ... & haven't got a chance to promote my cupcakes, since I kept my plans in the big picture ... While actually I should start things slowly ... & I can't be a full-time baker with my day time job restriction ...
It's a competitive business I know, a lot have established in home baking business ... All I need is an exposure, & I need to start it slowly instead of dreaming of a grand breaking entrance ...
I can't just open a cupcakes shop, it will cost me huge number ... & there's not guarantee I can sustain it ... The shop lot will cost me thousands to rent, the machinery ... Workers, & the ingredient ... I can't even run the business for a month with 10k ... & not to forgot, my restricted time to manage + bake ... That exclude of training if I'm about to hire workers ...
Baking, will definitely left me sleepless ... My mum have already rejected the idea of me doing a cupcake business, her point - "Do you wanna end up like those girls in DC Cupcakes ?? Sleeping under the table" ?? It's freakingly true actually ... I've been thru it, sleepless thru the baking process ... 1st when I was baking for my best friend Anis's bridal shower gifts, & recently was Abang Zaid's birthday cake ... I only manage to sleep at 4am in the morning, when I have to be at work at 8am ...
Special projects like wedding cakes, is the most suitable for me right now ... Since I won't be doing it on daily basis, & I'll pass out my contacts from there ... All I need is more effort in baking, business cards + ideas for decorations ... Owh, & some cost for transportation ...
I'll be sponsoring some of my close relatives/friends wedding very soon ... 1st up, my cousin Alia's wedding on early December ... Since her reception is in a golf club, I'm trying to get her permission to do it for her solemnization ... Then I'm going to try to get in Kashfi's wedding in January, heheh ... Ok, now there's more weddings lined up in my mind ...
All these while, I was waiting for my brother's engagement for my breaking entrance ... I should have been doing this a while ago ... But I guess it's better than never kan ??
To my silent readers, do pm me if you would like to have my cupcakes for your wedding ... I'll surely give you a special price since I'm just about to start my humble baking project ... I'll be updating the pictures once I got my small projects going ... Then we'll see how far can I go from there ... Wish me luck yaaa ...
Have a wonderful holiday ~

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Search This Blog