Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Borneo: Day 3

After sleeping the whole night, the day before reception agak boring ... Well, for the afternoon ... Since my mum left for Kuala Penyu, so xde la nak menyibuk2 tumpang my mum sopping kan ...

Owh, btw ... I did, went shopping dgn my brother ... Went to Centre Point for high tea @Secret Recipe, but I ended up kat Bodyshop's Warehouse sale ... Hahah, heaven giler ... I got all the make up (which I don't really need) for 60% off ... All the eye shadows, I only pay about RM12 for those which normally cost around RM30 ...

Hahah, that's the downside of the sales I guess ... I mean, you don't really need a darker color blusher ... Or another shade of bronze eye shadow ... Tapi sebab sales, you tempted to buy ... God, I am a shopaholic ...

After what I can called 'mostly make-ups' shopping, I spent my brother a nice lunch in Secret Recipe ... My brother ni cheap skate sket, so he really appreciate this kind of outing ... At least that's what I understand from his facial expression ... Hahah ...

Then I went for another round normal price merchandise @Bodyshop, this one for those I really need la ... Like my dad's perfume, concealer & make up base ... Owh, I really need to check my credit card statement !!!

My shopping activities bukan la satu perkara yang saya ingin highlight kan di sini ... Hahah, so later that afternoon ... I end up shopping for the newly weds gift ... It's quite difficult to choose, since the couple didn't stay together after the wedding ... The wife stays in KK, while the husband's working in Shah Alam ...

This is the question I always asked to my friends who's getting married - what's your plan after marriage ... & normally they said, "Slow2" ... Heheh, when you buy something for them ... Of course you expect them to make full use of the gift kan ... So, blender ... Rice cooker, dining set ... Sounds so yesterday for me ...

I mean, if you're the one receiving the gifts ... Of course you'll choose the best right ?? The rest, will be stored in the store room ... When someone else is getting married, balut jek ... Bagi orang balik, or bagi kat sedare mare ...

From my experience, it's better to buy gifts dr Semenanjung ... Sebab there's not much choice of weddings gifts you can find in kk ... With much2 better value of course ... The only disadvantages is to carry them hundreds kilometers away on the plane ... Kalau electronic appliances, masuk kat luggage pulak tu ... Memang agak tipis la harapan to see it still in the good shape when you arrived ...

If you're planning to buy electronic appliances, you might have to spend hundred ringgit more in kk ... But if you planning to transport the present across the sea, I would suggest you to go for bed sheets or cutleries ... Because you have a lot of option for those for the same range of budget ...

Like you can have a very nice bed sheet in kl for the price around RM250, but there's only a few choices you find in kk ... & you can have a nice cutleries set for RM120 in kl, but it will cost you RM150 ++ in kk ...

Anyway, I missed the chances to go to Sunset Bar that afternoon ... Because there's a lot of things haven't been done rupe nya, while I spent the whole day relax2 shopping ...

At night, I spent my time driving the bride's maid to the hall for rehearsal ... But what I found out was so disappointing to be honest ... Can you imagine the wedding planner went missing finding tables 12hrs before you reception ??

To me that is very bad la, I dunno ... Maybe my experience working in the hotel line will make me the worst bridezilla when I'm getting married ... Because when you're working in the hotel, setting for the next day's event are done before mid night ...

What made me hates the wedding planner so bad ?? The hall was unoccupied since 5pm kot ?? & the wedding planner just arrived at 10pm, when your guess will be arriving at 10am the next morning ??

I dunno how my friend can get so calm after the situation ... I don't think I will leave the hall until I see everything put into places if it is my wedding ... Hahah, bossy giler kau ni mokcik ... Later I'll make a full review on the wedding planner ... Then you'll understand, how the friends pun can get emotional after the wedding planner ...

The rehearsal wasn't really complete anyway, it's just a few plans on things they will do during the reception ... Since the sound system, pelamin & lighting is not ready yet ... & the best man just arrived from kl & having his beauty sleep ...

Tapi before the night ends, sempat lagi pegi Beach Club ... Hahah, it wasn't that impressing anyway ... It's look like Rootz, with Hawaiian theme night ... Heheh ... Or maybe it just me, who's so into Sky Bar & Luna Bar concept now ... Haih mokcik, gaji kau bukan 10k sebulan hokay ??

Owh, before I forgot !!! I went to Dave's (Linda's bf) room in Hyatt, wait for Linda to change that night ... & the room was to die for !!! Sea view, Dave even told me - 'You haven't see the sunset' ... Demn ... Bila la I can afford something liddat ...

Later ~

No comments:

Search This Blog